Sunday, July 19, 2009


I have started an altered book for two reasons. One, the idea of an altered book intrigued me!! To take a book that could be considered garbage and make it into a piece of art really sounded fun. And, of course, I needed to include my family. So I began a book on my Grandmother Louise. This one will be about her childhood. I asked to write about her life so she did. From that writing I am creating a book about her childhood and one (or possibly two) about her adult life.
I choose a child's book with a wire binding for this book. I covered the front and back with fabric and paint. It was almost scary to cut up the front of the book cover...to actually put a hole in it. But I have become quite confident now in cutting up books!! And I am really loving the results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment